Model Train Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
"Added a Xmas train and a couple Tyco Trolleys... I'd love to make the trolleys DCC, but I've heard that can't be done."

Tain't no DCC in here. I s'pose that trying to ground the single MU2 motor would require some disassembly of rivets.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Finished my first scratchbuilt car for the 1935 Royal Blue trainset:
Train Vehicle Wheel Rolling stock Window

Train Rolling stock Railway Track Electricity

This is my second scratchbuilt car ever. I wish I was a better craftsman or at least a perfectionist but it is what it is.
I'm planning on building the other seven all at the same time, probably a one-year project so I didn't want to sit on this one that long.

·
Registered
793 Posts
There is. I just thought it odd there was no mention of how to convert it to DCC in the instruction booklet. That probably dates it in the late 90's... I'd guess.
Birthday gift yesterday from my kids, a NIB Rivarossi dockside/switcher set. Cylinders suffer from metal rot, I had to CA them back on. I have it's identical mate only with plastic cylinders that works fine.
Rectangle Font Art Facade Electronic instrument

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I built an AMB caboose, IIRC it came with a bending template for all the hand rails and grabirons. I lost it, but last time I needed the curved ones I bent the wire around a series of smaller and smaller paint bottles until the curve matched a caboose I already had. If the wire didn't spring back I could probably go straight to the right size. Make a loop about 1 1/4 turns around the bottle, then cut it into quarters and bend down the ends.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts