Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve come across a very lucky find. A elderly enthusiast passed and his family is selling the train set(s).

I’d like to make a smaller running set, particularly something themed and period correct. I’ll need to sell some of these pieces in order to fund my own build.

first thing I gave to sell is the massive table with track installed. I have a number of pictures of the table and legs.

Id appreciate if anyone can identify what they see. Im going to see it and make an offer today. Any ideas on possible value? (EDIT -Bought it)

I assume the first step is de dusting everything. What do you guys use To clean non electric cars?
Than

Ed
66F5DB97-6CB2-4C02-9F7A-6D781DB1E34A.png

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,712 Posts
What scale are they? HO or O?
Transformer is worth something depending on it's condition, dust it off is it a ZW?
Better pictures with a ruler along the side, so we can see what they are. Are they 2 rail O? Or HO?
Or the underneath of them.
Looks like HO?

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Yes, please post close up pictures of the locmotives and 2 or 3 of the freight cars.
Be sure that the couplers are clearly visible. How many locomotives and
how many cars?

The Lionel transformer tells me this is an AC powered layout and
the 2 rail track tells me it is S gauge with AC locomotives.

Don

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,712 Posts
Yes, please post close up pictures of the locmotives and 2 or 3 of the freight cars.
Be sure that the couplers are clearly visible. How many locomotives and
how many cars?

The Lionel transformer tells me this is an AC powered layout and
the 2 rail track tells me it is S gauge with AC locomotives.

Don
I think the locomotive is HO, but the cars might be S scale? They look big next to the locomotive? Maybe not.
This is HO,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are 3 stand alone cars. The engine doesn’t seem to have, well an engine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of course I have unused track by the lb. here are more shots of the co troller. (Regulator?)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Can anyone recommend a photo hosting site? I used to use photobucket. This was in a box. Small wood carving tools with a sharpening stone. Japanese made.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts