Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
You've got me. Does that thing on the back that looks like a big gear do something, or is it just decor? Does it feel like the silver tank is empty, or has it something inside it? More pics!

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
Definitely an engine truck.

It's a dummy with a weight clipped into the holders where a motor would go. the rear clip has a hole in it where the motor's output shaft would turn an upper gear to engage the lower one with worms to engage the axle gears.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
C'mon Reck ... Do you expect us to believe that you didn't learn the answer to that question when you were 15 years old?!?!? :laugh:

TJ
*L* Well, you see, I only bought it to read the articles, so when he showed a picture of his Hustler, of course I didn't recognize it!:laugh:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Definitely an engine truck.

It's a dummy with a weight clipped into the holders where a motor would go. the rear clip has a hole in it where the motor's output shaft would turn an upper gear to engage the lower one with worms to engage the axle gears.
Nice call, Greg. Is that big gear on the back end part of the drive?

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
I believe so... just imagine another gear right on top of the rear gear with it's center the hole in the clamp. Note that the hole is large enough for an output shaft and its surrounding bronze bushing. Might be difficult finding a motor and gear to fit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jody, I believe he is going to give you a real break on it. He says he will let you have it for $85.00. How could you pass up a piece of equipment like that. A real bargain.

Boy, glad I could furnish that valuable information.

Jack

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
$85? What a cooincidence ... Reck paid that same price back in '75. :rolleyes:

(And, we degenerate into hormonal boys and their toys talk once again ...)

TJ

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
$85? What a cooincidence ... Reck paid that same price back in '75. :rolleyes:

(And, we degenerate into hormonal boys and their toys talk once again ...)

TJ
TJ,

That was different: the $85 was a charitable gift: she was working her way through college, and believe me, back then, $85 would buy a lot more than it will now! :laugh: I believe she said she was a geography major: she said something to the effect that she could take me around the world for $85????:eek:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts