Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being out of the loop for several years, I am back looking for some decent reads. I am getting the Australian Model Railway Magazine as it has a lot applicible to australian modellers and I get the odd model railroader magazine, but i am looking for magazines with more than the one layout which unfortunately the AMRM seems to always have. I like looking at other peoples layouts to get ideas.

What others would you recommend? There are a few British ones but the scenery is so much different to Australian and American scenery that most of it can't be applied.

I was going to make a poll but realised i don't know many magazines and certainly not the ones people would be reading, so if you have the time and can spare the effort a short post would be magnificent :)

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
I search for any back issues of Railroad Model Craftsman or Model Railroader and buy those...usually at about a dollar apiece. The reason is that the older issues deal with the nuts and bolts of modeling, inspiring creativity over acquisition.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I like MRR and Model Railroad Craftsman, as well as O Gauge Railroad and O Scale Trains.

I would like something for N scale, but not much out there.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I used to read Classic Model Trains, but not anymore. I get more information here than any magazine offers.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Classic Toy Trains!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts