Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i am looking to buy some boxcars. most likely g scale cars to place around my shop but i am not familiar to brand names or what is high end and what is not. i run a successful tattoo shop and have 3 artist that draw on everything i own. i would like to channel their ability on the sides of the boxcars and display them around the shop. but i dont want to buy boxcars that are worth money in the right hands nor do i want to disrespect a boxcar that is valuable. so i am looking for cheap to mid-range boxcars that they can draw and graffiti on and will not disrespect the model railroad community. please let me know and i will post pictures of the artwork after i find the boxcars i am looking for.

thanks
cron805

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the used later cars simply because so many are made, you're not going to hurt a collector's feelings there. I'd go to Ebay and troll the "ending soonest" listings for G scale cars that fit your budget and design and then jump on those. Keep us posted as I'd like to see what your people come up with.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Bachmann are plentiful and still have enough good quality about them to gather attention. And they are hardly a collector piece, at least not today. LGB is another though they may cost a bit more, good quality and looks.

G-scale hasn't really been around long enough to garner a huge community of collectors.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts