Model Train Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
No Big. That is just a place where I park the Steamers. I have neighborhood kids that sometimes show up for a little O Gauge train action. I find the best place for my engines is on the back side of the layout. title hands can cause allot of damage. Another place is over the work bench. I park my Lionel prewar Streamline JR’s over the work bench.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I haven’t been spending much time in the train room. But I do run them for a while most mornings before it gets too hot. Been running the same trains for a few weeks. A Susie-Q RS3 pulling covered hoppers. A B&O passenger train led by C-Liners. An LVRR RS11 pulling TOFCs. A B&O GP7 and F7 with a manifest. And a CBQ VO1000 with a candy train.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Nice consists Bob. The B&O freight mix is very typical…they ran everything together.

The viaduct is impressive too. Is it based on a DL&W bridge?

Tom

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I haven’t changed what’s on the layout for a while so I took almost everything off and changed things out. Mostly to passenger trains. Some of these, I have posted here before, but this is what I’m running now.

A Railking K4s/4 car set with an added coach.

A D&H PA1 ABA with 5 car set.

An ATSF PA1 AA with 5 car set plus 2 dome cars.

A PRR SW1 with Menards M&M cars.

A B&O F7 AB with 5 car set plus 2 car set.

And I’m still running the LVRR snowbird train. I really like this train.

I also ran the ATSF train with a Menards F unit pulling it for a while. The loco doesn’t look bad pulling these cars, but it would look better with a dummy F unit. As most here know, the Menards loco has jackrabbit starts and stops. The stops were so bad that it derailed the trailing passenger car 2 out of 3 times and caused a short. Don’t think I will be running that loco too much.

SOOOO. What are you guys running?
Train Architecture Rolling stock Locomotive Railroad car

Train Rolling stock Track Railway Railroad car

Train Rolling stock Cloud Motor vehicle Track

Train Wheel Rolling stock freight car Vehicle

Train Light Rolling stock Nature Track

Train Rolling stock Toy Mode of transport Track

Train Rolling stock Track Locomotive Mode of transport

Train Rolling stock Track Mode of transport Railway

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
D&H PAs. Nice! Did you obtain a matching passenger set?

Tom

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
D&H PAs. Nice! Did you obtain a matching passenger set?

Tom
Yes. I got a 5-car set from John. He actually had two sets. I've been looking in vain for a 2 car add on set. I think you tried to talk me into getting a set for a more popular road and painting it in D&H colors. I thought about that for a while, but I'm too lazy/chicken to try it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Train Toy Rolling stock Vehicle Track

The layout's in limbo at the moment as I have a major scenery section removed to work on it. Since it has a piece of the main line on it, operation is somewhat hooped. Can't wait to get this gang back on the rails again.
FW

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
No trains running for the past year due to the dismantling of the Seattle & Yakima RR version #5. Hopefully version #6 will be in some type of operation by Jan 1 2022.

Bill

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
No trains running for the past year due to the dismantling of the Seattle & Yakima RR version #5. Hopefully version #6 will be in some type of operation by Jan 1 2022.

Bill
Good luck with it. Having no trains to run is like a day without happiness.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts