Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I have one of these AHM GE-35 Ton Switcher Locomotives from the earily 1970's that I want to sell on my web site.

In the write-up information for the Locomotive, I want to include the year(s) of prodution that the prototype engine was produced, but I can't seem to find it in the Google Search. I'm guessing 1958 - 1970. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to the actual date.

Thank you again!

Trevor.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,969 Posts
I would say it is from the mid 70's as Conrail was not formed till around 73.

Nixon, helping bankrupted RR's, had a part in the making of Consolidated Rail Corporation. (Conrail)

EDIT,
I CAN'T FIND ANY REAL 35 TON SWITCHERS.:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Big Ed - Conrail was around in the 1970's, but I was specifically looking for the year of this loco. (as if it was undecorated)

@gunrunnerjohn - All the trains are listed on my web site that I have uploaded so far. www.monster-hobbies.com. I was just trying to figure out some years of locos I couldn't find on Wiki. Since you guys know this stuff better than I do, I knew someone would give me the info I was after. Thanx again Canadian Car Knocker!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,969 Posts
@ Big Ed - Conrail was around in the 1970's, but I was specifically looking for the year of this loco. (as if it was undecorated)

@gunrunnerjohn - All the trains are listed on my web site that I have uploaded so far. www.monster-hobbies.com. I was just trying to figure out some years of locos I couldn't find on Wiki. Since you guys know this stuff better than I do, I knew someone would give me the info I was after. Thanx again Canadian Car Knocker!

OK, From researching the 35 ton switcher, I would guess the real one was made from the 40's to the late 50's.
There are not too many 35ton switchers to be found on the net.

This did come up in my search, http://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=8566 :D

T man......can you pull some history up on this?:confused:

I came across this too, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLXNJbBmw8k

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,969 Posts
He wanted the years they made the real 35 ton switchers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is EXACTLY the same train as pictured above. Same box and all. I have 2 other AHM trains and inside the flap is printed the day, month, and year of production.

It was @ 1973-1974.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts