Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Lionel LEGACY 4-6-6-T tank locomotive, and along with the spare/maintenance parts included was the part shown below. Just a flat piece of blackened steel, tapped for the included screws. I have no idea what it is, but I’m sure I’ll be embarrassed when one of you enlightens me. Oh well, the price of knowledge is sometimes dear. Thanks for the help.

Frank

19AF216A-7F05-4CEC-B049-2CE3F50DF3E0.jpeg

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have no clue what it is, but the last time I heard the term that something is "dear", was many years ago, from my grandmother.....LOL

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
It's a dime. 10 cents. :giggle:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
Could it had held the locomotive tight somehow when it is in the box?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It looks like a mounting plate for scale couplers. For mounting Kadee type couplers....

it would replace the rear coupler...

Tom

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew someone would say, “It’s a dime!”. Don’t quit your day job, Big Ed! 😚

A coupler mounting bracket makes sense, as there’s also a non-operating coupler included in the box. However, it appears it would replace the scale front coupler, not the rear remote control coupler. Guess I can verify once the parts diagram is available.

Thanks, everyone for your replies. 👍

And yes, the word “dear” is seldom used today to describe something expensive or rare. It just popped into my head. 🤔

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
I knew someone would say, “It’s a dime!”. Don’t quit your day job, Big Ed! 😚

A coupler mounting bracket makes sense, as there’s also a non-operating coupler included in the box. However, it appears it would replace the scale front coupler, not the rear remote control coupler. Guess I can verify once the parts diagram is available.

Thanks, everyone for your replies. 👍

And yes, the word “dear” is seldom used today to describe something expensive or rare. It just popped into my head. 🤔
I didn't quit.......I retired back in March. :)

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
He already did. His new profession is interior garage painting :giggle:
All done painting, now it is Operation finding, sorting,repacking,tossing.
Little by little it is getting done. :)

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Lionel has been supplying Kadee mounts for some time. The 21" passenger cars come with them but Lionel does not include Kadees to use with the mounts. Look above the rear coupler for a place this might fit.

Pete

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
Well, you left by your own hand, that sounds like "quit" to me. :p:p
No in my mind I retired. 50 years accident/incident free, 80% of that yanking a Haz Mat tanker I think I deserved it. I still put some miles on at night in my dreams. ha ha ha
When I took my prison suits back I did put out a quick chorus of TAKE YOUR JOB AND SHOVE IT!.........😲
I ain't working here no more !........... 😲
Take all your safety BS and shove your 5 mph over the speed limit/limit, I ain't working here no more.😮
So just TAKE YOUR JOB AND SHOVE IT ! I ain't working here no more ! 😊

So the boss asked me "what you going to do Ed"
I said that the first thing I will do is roll some wacky tobacci the size of a cigar, put some tunes on and run some trains. 😍
They all laughed and 2 said they wish they could do that, one was the big boss who is retiring in 2 years.
I laughed and said adiiiios ameeego's.
I have not smoked any wacky tobacci since 1980 or so when they started mandatory drug testing.

That was back in March, I still have not rolled that cigar.
So I didn't quit I retired.😎

I am still waiting for this since Late July. They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks.
Any day now I should be getting a shipping E mail.
I would like to know why it takes so long to make one.
They said cutting it, then powder coating and curing.

·
Admin
44,224 Posts
No in my mind I retired. 50 years accident/incident free, 80% of that yanking a Haz Mat tanker I think I deserved it. I still put some miles on at night in my dreams. ha ha ha
Well, I have to say, 50 years of that without any accidents is a pretty impressive record.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts