Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted to mess around with model trains for a while now. Never got to it for lack of time and money. But I just got ahold of a large cash of HO scale locomotives, rolling stock, enough track to fill a large crate and like 10 different power supplies. Seriously there is like 5 large boxes full of train stuff.there are a couple of boxes that these parts came in but most of them are gone. From what the guy told me he thinks a lot of it is Bachman. But I have know idea of knowing. There is like 20 locomotives here. How does one go about finding out what they have? Are there indicators on the models that I can use to find out what I have? Where would you start if you grabbed a large pile of train paraphernalia? Thanks in advance for the help. Looking forward to creating something.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Quite frequently the manufacturer will include their name molded somewhere on the bottom of the model. Even the track pieces may have such identification.

Short of that, if you could start posting pictures of unknown items, maybe we could help identify them to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks. I’ll be taking a closer look. I’ll get some pics up soon as well. There is a lot to go through. Some of it is trashed but there is at 5 or 6 full train sets worth of rolling stock with locos. Here is a quick pic of all the engines. Not that you can tell anything by looking at it. I’m just excited to show someone.
Wood Urban design Landscape City Scale model

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Looks like you've come across an interesting collection.

Post your pictures of it in the HO Scale forum. The guys
will enjoy seeing what you have. They'll recognize
much of it by sight.

Show the controllers. Mostly likely they'll be regular DC
but you might luck up and find that all of the gear
has been converted to DCC.

It would be a big help if you can get fairly close to
the locos and cars so that details will show.

Don

·
Registered
Ohio Central Systems
1,681 Posts
Very exciting!

Over the past couple of years, I have acquired a couple large lots of train stuff at auctions. I love pouring through boxes of stuff, especially small boxes of miscellaneous parts. I have made a few "boiler loads" on old flat cars, just for fun. Apparently, the person who all this stuff belonged to before me was keen on detailing steam engines. A little superglue and some creativity:
Vehicle Watercraft Toy Automotive wheel system Wheel

Have fun! Please post more pictures

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very exciting!

Over the past couple of years, I have acquired a couple large lots of train stuff at auctions. I love pouring through boxes of stuff, especially small boxes of miscellaneous parts. I have made a few "boiler loads" on old flat cars, just for fun. Apparently, the person who all this stuff belonged to before me was keen on detailing steam engines. A little superglue and some creativity:
View attachment 589851

Have fun! Please post more pictures
Posting pics in the thread I started in HO Forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mrmann, are you wanting to build a layout?? If so, what do you have space for? Maybe post some pics of the track you acquired.
I do want to build a layout. and I don’t have a ton of room. To be honest I’ve always wanted to do a winter scenic for the holidays. I would have preferred N scale do to my limited room but…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts