Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting some new cars and engines and I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good websites to look at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started at Caboose Hobbies, then Factory Direct Trains, IHC, Wholesale Trains, Hobbylinc, Internet Trains, Model Train Stuff (aka MB Klein), Trainworld and finally, ebay. All easily found with Google.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Back when I was getting all my trains and track,
I went to Train Shows.
Then learned that at the end of the Weekend, prices dropped 20-40%.
They didn't want to take it back out to there vehicles, and haul it to the next show.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Aside from ebay I go to the Treat Station in peekskill NY, Dutchess Tran Shop in Duchess county NY and the train stores in Strasburg PA when I am on vacation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Aside from ebay I go to the Treat Station in peekskill NY, Dutchess Tran Shop in Duchess county NY and the train stores in Strasburg PA when I am on vacation.
how is that store in peekskill? i am in westchester also and looking for a few shops. I am still new to the train world

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I thought I remembered you building an engine from a live cat? Am I mistaken? I seem to recall you called it a Mikclawdo.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,902 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
So far, I'd have to say from Big Ed. He'll give you a perfectly good S scale engine in exchange for 3 HO's that don't work!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts