Model Train Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
I usually buy most of my engines, cars, and power supplies from Caboose Hobbies in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Merlyn, the owner, has a booth at our monthly train show and he has great prices and totally stands behind everything he sells.

All scenery supplies and figures I get from my local hobby shop.

Art

·
Registered
868 Posts
For recent internet purchases it's been Ebay and the OGR buy/sell board for previously earned items and for new and pre-orders, I use Charles Ro.
In the past I've also ordered from Just Trains, Trainworld, Model Train Stuff, Mario's, Grzbowski's, and Mr. Muffin.
For in-store local area purchases it's Nicholas Smith and Joe,' Train Station (formerly of Feastervile, PA.)
I also enjoy perusing and buying at local area meets and TCA shows as well as York, and the Allentown shows.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I’ve received good customer service from all of the mentioned major dealers. But just about 99% of my pre-orders are with JusTrains of Delaware.

Off the shelf purchases (when I lived in the area), JusTrains and Nicholas Smith’s were #1 and 1A. The York Meet is #2 and Everyone else is #3.

...... and Joe,' Train Station (formerly of Feastervile, PA.).......
Is Joe’s no longer there? Did they go out of business? It’s been a while since I visited. Spent many a Friday night there.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Charles ro because shipping to the west coast is cheaper with them.

western depot, we go there when visiting relatives and see them at west coast train shows.

menards when they have something I really like because I have to ship it to a non calif address and have them re-ship it.

there are others.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Pretty much every dealer like Trainworld, Mario’s, Patrick’s, Public Delivery Track, Mr Muffins, Klein’s, and a few others I may have forgotten.

I get many engines from dealers on EBay like Trainz, Chicagoland Hobby, Sherwinski and many others.

The only time I bought a dud was from a private seller on the OGR forum. He misrepresented a set of MTH Alco C-630s as a PS2/3volt when they were actually PS2/5 volt. He refused to take them back after I discovered they were not what he promised....

Tom

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seaside Hobbies great service from Craig the owner
Starr Hobby
Ebay
Lots of train shows Allentown, York, GMSTS, Greenbergs

21 - 30 of 30 Posts