Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea where a person could find a storage box similar to this one here?

This listing is not a bad deal with every thing considered. I have zero experience with Fox Valley models so I am unsure of how they rank among the markets competitors. Regardless this would be a nice set to own even if it was used for display only. All 10 NS Heritage units, the pin set to match the engine and the display box which looks to be very neat.

I actually considered the set myself but I have all the Heritage units already, I also have the pin set but the box is something I have never seen before. $131.50 per engine (with shipping added) and matching pin is actually a fair price being they are DC engines. The certificate is a nice touch and of course the storage box.

If I was in the market for the collection this would be ideal but my most recent pre-order came in with Scaletrains.com so I just paid them $500 or so and I just purchased a Overland Brass Norfolk Southern beautiful SD70I.. and well several things I am always buying for the hobby..

Nevertheless I would like to get my hands on a storage box like this if anyone knows where to find them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you contacted Fox Valley Models? Maybe they've got one they'd sell you.
I thought of that but wasn’t sure they would speak to me because most manufacturers require you go through a dealer for their products.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
They may not want to help you, as you are asking for one of their storage boxes to store another companies locomotives.....not sure they would appreciate that.....But maybe that’s just me......

And they am not be willing to sell the empty box anyway.....let us know how it turns out if you contact them.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They may not want to help you, as you are asking for one of their storage boxes to store another companies locomotives.....not sure they would appreciate that.....But maybe that’s just me......

And they am not be willing to sell the empty box anyway.....let us know how it turns out if you contact them.....
I can just tell them it’s for their products but I do not think they will care being they are selling the box to me. I have looked every where and have not had any luck online at all. That seller on eBay is a brick and mortar hobby store. I will contact them through the listing and see if they have access to the boxes or keep a few in stock. I have purchased several items from that seller. They are very organized, professional and always respond timely.

I am going to go over and do that now while I am thinking about it.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Please let us know how that turns out, thanks......

I would suspect that the box is an extra when buying Fox Valley’s entire set, so I would be surprised if they sold the box separately....but you never know until you ask....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please let us know how that turns out, thanks......

I would suspect that the box is an extra when buying Fox Valley’s entire set, so I would be surprised if they sold the box separately....but you never know until you ask....
I have been in contact with Trainz and unfortunately the box comes from the manufacturer with all the locos as a package deal. They told me they can not get just the box therefore they do not sell the box as a stand alone.

I am not surprised with that answer because that’s pretty much what I expected to hear. The search continues....

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have been in contact with Trainz and unfortunately the box comes from the manufacturer with all the locos as a package deal. They told me they can not get just the box therefore they do not sell the box as a stand alone.

I am not surprised with that answer because that’s pretty much what I expected to hear. The search continues....
I'm not surprised that Trains can't get you one. Have you contacted Fox Valley directly?

If not included from the manufacturer, specialized packaging is often ordered in large lots. It possible the amount of packaging they ordered didn't match exactly the run of locos. There may also be an extra box from a returned set.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not surprised that Trains can't get you one. Have you contacted Fox Valley directly?

If not included from the manufacturer, specialized packaging is often ordered in large lots. It possible the amount of packaging they ordered didn't match exactly the run of locos. There may also be an extra box from a returned set.
No I haven’t contacted them direct but it seems that may very well be my only option I haven’t tried. I will update what they say though. I am not holding my breath on this one but I been surprised before.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just sent the email to FoxValley so now we wait....... and wait... hopefully not for a long wait might I add.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts