Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading to the Colorado Railroad Museum today, one of my favorite destinations when I have time to get on the bike and tool around, and it got me thinking about the dearth of truly unique locomotives, particularly in N scale.

I get it, prototypical realism sells, gotta make dollars to make sense!

And that's fine by me. But being slightly off-center myself, I sure wish there were offerings available for those of us who stray from the mainstream. Like the aforementioned Goose, or a Zeppelin or Aerotrain.....or something like the steampunk engine below.

So just for fun, what out-of-the-ordinary engine would you like to see?

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
I want BN 6599 in its A1A - B+B configuration. I suppose it could be kitbashed out of an SDP45 and a truck from a DD40AX, but that would be some serious metal work. My avatar is GN 333, which would become BN 6599 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Lol you found it!

Now please tell me it's N scale.

And that it's not discontinued and readily available.

And that I won't have to sell a kidney to afford it.

And that it will be hand delivered by Salma Hayek along with a complimentary massage.

And that, surely I'm not asking for too much?:D

(nevermind, just noticed the 3rd rail...dagnabit!)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same affliction! Well, mostly. I'm a little P.O.'d at UP for making me late to work 3 out of 5 days......

I wonder if those small barrels are the 50mm cannons?
Ya know, if so, it kinda looks happy to oblige, doesn't it?:D

Here's another one I'd like to see, built by Baldwin. The prototype had issues and didn't last long, but I'm just positive Kato could do it right!

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about an M10004!

And GRJ, please don't tell me this has been done too, in O scale, naturally. Please. Just let me wallow in my ignorance. :)

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That Zephyr is gorgeous!

It sold for $769 plus shipping! The Goose is a little better, but still.....

Any Rockefeller or Vanderbilt sisters around that want to be my sugar mama?:rolleyes:

Lehigh74 you're killin' me here!:laugh: Did GRJ put you up to that?

Here's one I'm sure hasn't been made, in any scale. Ladies and gentlemen, the world's first "translucent" train!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts