Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, that's probably not one you'd want in N anyway. It'd go missing more often than not and wind up in the wife's, erm, sock drawer. :eek:

How about a Garratt!

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
This is apparently some sort of MOW equipment. :D

Update: These were apparently fairly common! Google Image Search "Inspection Locomotive". :)

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'd love to see that in N scale! Reminds me of the old 'you put your chocolate in my peanut butter!' commercials...

You put your boiler in my Overton!

Speaking of ol' Rube.......

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Some might consider this one ugly but I'd buy an N scale version in a heartbeat.

Wonder if it's got a hemi?:D

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here's another I'd like to see in N scale. I see it is/was made by Ace and Hornby at one point.....

I sure wish I had the space to go with a larger scale, I am definitely missing out here in tiny land!

A Mallard:

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
The link is the spookshow.net entry for a Baldwin Shark made for Bachmann circa 2001:

http://www.spookshow.net/loco/euroshark.html

BTW: According to a Kalmbach book about diesels I have, Baldwins had a pneumatic M.U. system that was incompatible with EMDs and Alcos; so the railroads kept Baldwin A-B-A and A-B-B-A sets together. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That's an interesting read about the Bachmann version. I'm always too late to the party!

My favorite modern-ish diesels up until now have been RS3s but that Baldwin.....:smokin: Who do I bribe at BLI to get a mini version?:D

GRJ, not that I like having the knife twisted, but can you post a pic of yours in it's D&H trim? I am particularly fond of their paint scheme...

In the meantime here's another I'd love to see shrunk down from O:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Wow! Thank you GRJ, those are such great looking engines! Particularly in the D&H livery....I'm drooling on my keyboard right now.
Had I known then what I know now I'd have kicked the wife out of her craft room (yeah right) and turned it into my O gauge empire!

All I can do is hope we'll eventually see the same in N.
But I'm not holding my breath.

On that note here's another one I'll surely never see in N scale.
That black over red reeeaaaallly appeals to me:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I haven't been able to get online much lately but ran across this last night....

This is a brass and wood model designed to represent Egypt's first loco for it's first railway circa approx 1854. It's a one-off at "1 1/2" scale currently housed in a museum:

Ladies and gents I give you the Perseverance!

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've always been a Stourbridge Lion fan myself. This is a Lionel O scale model based on a full-size replica. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I've been curious about Con Cor as I run across their rolling stock on occasion. Time to start a letter writing campaign to bring back the Goose!!

GNfan that Lion is really cool, kinda dewitt-clinton-ish. Did the levers/rods move on the Lionel version? That would be something to see!

I think I've figured out why they named the scales the way they did.

O the variety! O the choices!

Nothing to see here folks. No steam for you!!:rolleyes::D

Here's another euro engine I'd like to see in N: Henschel from the 80's

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm at a loss for words . . . it's like part Budd RDC, and part Airstream! :eek:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts