Model Train Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as the subject says since they went to the new format, where is 'who's online' , it disappeared !

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Up in the right hand corner. The 3 vert dots. Hit FAQS, scroll down, all kinds of answers including whos online.

·
Administrator
749 Posts
Who’s Online?

When you are reading a thread, you will see a green dot on the avatar of those who are online.

If you want to see everyone who is currently online (depending on their settings) you can find this information on the members page.

On the forum listing page or on any forum sections, you will see a Top Contributors box in the sidebar. Click on View All.

This will bring you to the Members page with options in the left sidebar, including who is online.

You can also search to find a member.

There is also a section that displays the newest members.

- Cricket

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't get any of the members stuff, or top contributors ??
in the old forum it was only two clicks, now it doesn't even show for me ??

·
Administrator
749 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. It is all on that page I provided.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
i don't get any of the members stuff, or top contributors ??
in the old forum it was only two clicks, now it doesn't even show for me ??
OK Aard D'Vaark, get off this discussion page and click page to the forum page Forum News, Updates and Help then check the righthand side bar. You'll see what Admin is talking about . Took me 15 min to find it and then figure how or where I found it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Gotta say it was a lot better when it used to be right there on the bottom of the page. Didn't have to make a special trip to hunt it.

It's like I found it, I bet I never go looking for it again. Used to look at it all the time. It was right there on every page.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta say it was a lot better when it used to be right there on the bottom of the page. Didn't have to make a special trip to hunt it.

It's like I found it, I bet I never go looking for it again. Used to look at it all the time. It was right there on every page.
Found my error, I was viewing the page at 120 per cent to get rid of that empty space on the right ... When I went back to 110 per cent, then it showed up for me .. a longer more convoluted way to get to it , but it's there , right now there are thirteen members online, 5:30 in the afternoon... that's it ?? Scary how little members are online .. used to be fifty to eighty... quite a few 'guests' though, maybe some are there , no idea on that really ...
I wonder how many are logged in this month, not just 'at one time' members, but active ones, ones that have been on in the last month ?? I don't know how to get that information ... if I can ...

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
At 5:30 this evening, I was at my kitchen table, painting wargaming miniatures with my boys. Before that, the youngest one and I were in the basement, slapping some more Sculptamold on his layout. We watched a couple episodes of Master Chef over dinner and later. True, many workdays, I do tend to hit the boards when I get home from work, but the fact that there were only 13 people on-line at 5:30 isn't a big deal. This lockdown has thrown a lot of schedules out of whack, too.

And, truth be told, I'm not sure how the statistics on the old board were determined, but they always looked highly inflated to me (perhaps have more people "on line" increased ad revenue). How about me? I never log out. Do I always count as "on-line"?

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
And as far as the number of clicks to find things... I think this format does a much better job of putting the tools and options that really matter, at least as far as one's ability to participate in the discussions, front and center, and relegates the "nice to know" stuff, like who's online, to the background.

·
Administrator
749 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

I will be closing this thread to avoid confusion but we absolutely want to hear all of the feedback, both good and bad.

We are just asking that it be posted to the community feedback thread.

- Cricket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.