Model Train Forum banner

Which brand of model trains do you collect?

• Total voters
241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been into N-scale for a long time, but have been taking up a larger interest in O-gauge the last 4 or 5 years. I'm not fussy, I collect any affordable and decent quality brands that offers trains in pre-bankruptcy blue "Rock Island" schemes. :thumbsup: Scale or plausible only, no fantasy R.I. paint schemes.

I find it a little too limiting (okay, maybe WAY too limiting) to just collect a particular brand name or two. :thumbsdown: Heck with that. ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
HO only, but my son does N scale.

I voted Bachmann and other. Collect and run in order of affection.

Rivarossi - Introduced to the brand in the 1960's. First engine was the Plymouth Switcher. Sold it many years ago. Just replaced it. Nostalgia purchase. Others - 4-4-0's, Y6 Mallets, Mikado. Aspire to a Big Boy.

Atlas RS-3 & S2 diesels - Great runners
Life-like (Proto 2000 Series) - Like the packaging, nice runners.
Mantua
Bachmann

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
There are so so MANY replies I didn't read because I believe the OP question is a moot point (I am sorry if I'm repeating another's reply).
I'll take a guess that the majority of MRRers don't collect just one make of engines and rolling stock or structures.. I think it's fair to say we make purchases based solely on what is the best priced/most detailed/best running-quality/or even, livery acuracy.
We may have 2 RDCs by Athearn, 4 steam by Bmann, 1 RS3 by Atlas, and a Walthers doodle bug... all bought due TO the above criteria...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Other than Lionel & American Flyer, the choices are nill for American & Japanese names (which is why 'Other' has the most votes).
Frankly, I'm amazed Bachman got that many votes. :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
G Scale - LGB, USA Trains, AristoCraft, and Hartland Locomotive Works.

I have mostly LGB acquired over the past 30 years, but am now focusing on the others.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't collect any particular brand. I model the Northern Pacific and locomotives for this line are now few and far between. I have Athearn, Atlas, Life Like Proto 2000, Bachmann, Rivarossi, Varney, Mantua and Model Die Casting represented on my layout. Rolling stock is the same, I haven't collected any particular brand.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Cough ... COUGH ... Hack ... HACK ... COUGH ...

Jeez ... is it me, or is it getting smokey in here? I think someone is blowing lots of smoke around! :rolleyes: :laugh:

TJ
Acknowledged to be", WHAT ?!! Cough ... COUGH ... Hack ... HACK ... COUGH ... Acknowledged by who ??!!! :laugh
What century are you living in ?? :eek:

M

241 - 250 of 250 Posts