Model Train Forum banner

Which brand of model trains do you collect?

241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have been into N-scale for a long time, but have been taking up a larger interest in O-gauge the last 4 or 5 years. I'm not fussy, I collect any affordable and decent quality brands that offers trains in pre-bankruptcy blue "Rock Island" schemes. :thumbsup: Scale or plausible only, no fantasy R.I. paint schemes.

I find it a little too limiting (okay, maybe WAY too limiting) to just collect a particular brand name or two. :thumbsdown: Heck with that. ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
HO only, but my son does N scale.

I voted Bachmann and other. Collect and run in order of affection.

Rivarossi - Introduced to the brand in the 1960's. First engine was the Plymouth Switcher. Sold it many years ago. Just replaced it. Nostalgia purchase. Others - 4-4-0's, Y6 Mallets, Mikado. Aspire to a Big Boy.

Atlas RS-3 & S2 diesels - Great runners
Life-like (Proto 2000 Series) - Like the packaging, nice runners.
Mantua
Bachmann

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
There are so so MANY replies I didn't read because I believe the OP question is a moot point (I am sorry if I'm repeating another's reply).
I'll take a guess that the majority of MRRers don't collect just one make of engines and rolling stock or structures.. I think it's fair to say we make purchases based solely on what is the best priced/most detailed/best running-quality/or even, livery acuracy.
We may have 2 RDCs by Athearn, 4 steam by Bmann, 1 RS3 by Atlas, and a Walthers doodle bug... all bought due TO the above criteria...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Other than Lionel & American Flyer, the choices are nill for American & Japanese names (which is why 'Other' has the most votes).
Frankly, I'm amazed Bachman got that many votes. :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
G Scale - LGB, USA Trains, AristoCraft, and Hartland Locomotive Works.

I have mostly LGB acquired over the past 30 years, but am now focusing on the others.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't collect any particular brand. I model the Northern Pacific and locomotives for this line are now few and far between. I have Athearn, Atlas, Life Like Proto 2000, Bachmann, Rivarossi, Varney, Mantua and Model Die Casting represented on my layout. Rolling stock is the same, I haven't collected any particular brand.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Since my first Electrotren piece in 1975, I've been picking up more and more. Most of my countrymen don't know England from Outer Elbonia, so if it has buffers it smoozes its way into Henley. I hit a gold strike in Arizona of Electrotren, recently. He really wanted to get out and was letting me have stuff for half off. He also has a nice 2 rail Der Adler set that is way below typical market. Anyone interested, rfrey99@ebay.com. I only cherry picked his collection, he has plenty more.

Unique Electrotren wagons, so happy to have them.

It's taken over twenty years to find my favorite piece: the olive oil jug cars. Now I got three! 😀

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
There are too many popular brands that this poll does not include, which makes this poll useless….

·
Admin
46,188 Posts
There are too many popular brands that this poll does not include, which makes this poll useless….
It really took you eleven years to come to this conclusion? :D

Posted on:
Art Font Eyelash Handwriting Circle

Hey guys,

Its time for a quick poll.Which brand of model trains do you collect?

Just curious to know which brands you guys collect..this will give me some idea of what you guys would like to read. I hope to build toypedia using the poll results too. Hoping to get a good response!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
The fact that it has been like it is for eleven years is ridiculous…..fix it John, instead of ridiculing your members….o_O

Do something useful…..

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hopefully, in finally:
I doubt more than 2% of model rails world wide purchase components by being exclusive to one or two brands..We obtain all of it by need of type/kind/what's available, reputation of manufacturer, quality, and price..
Never met anyone in the hobby who only buys Riv., or Athearn, or Bmann, or BLI, or Atlas, or Walthers, or Lionel, or, or, or, or...It's what each offers and if they have what you need...Dats it !

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
True…..on the other hand, the list in this poll doesn’t include some of the biggest and most popular model railroad companies….Atlas, Athearn, Intermountain, etc, and seems to cater to a lot of European brands, even though those have very, very few votes…..

When “other” adds up to more than half the respondents, then something is obviously amiss….

The title of the poll could/should be, “What brands are your favourites?”….that would be more appropriate….

·
Admin
46,188 Posts
The fact that it has been like it is for eleven years is ridiculous…..fix it John, instead of ridiculing your members….o_O

Do something useful…..
Not my poll, and changing the poll after eleven years would make all the results meaningless anyway. If this bugs you so much, start your own poll with your favorite brands. It's not up to site administration to do this kind of manipulation of posts.

In other words, if it bugs you, you fix it. It doesn't bother me at all.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Ok, but this poll is so old and irrelevent, not to mention useless…..

Delete it, and I’ll start a new one….sound good to you?

241 - 260 of 261 Posts