Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won this engine off of EBay and plan to use it to pull a passenger train. Any idea who might have made it? The bottom says made in Yugoslavia. The word Tempo is also on the bottom of it. One final question. The rear wheels (drive wheels) have an indentation in the middle on the right side only. Should these have rubber on them? There is none there now. Also how old is it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=350157483284

·
Yard Master & Research
10,794 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Currently I am attempting to put together a railroad but have a vary tight budget. Buying used on EBay has been a tremendous savings. I am yet to pay more than $15 for an engine. I have two new Steam Bauchmans and a used steam Model Power with a parts engine. Also have a Life Like and Athern Diesel from when I was a kid. Should have most of what I want for the time being (till the next look at EBay). They will all get me started. Some need a little work but that is half the fun. I am more into tinkering than perfection. It is just nice to know a little history of the engine. I really appreciate all of your help.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
No shame in that, I determined long ago not to spend too much on this hobby. I used to spend quite a bit when I was single but realized all I was doing was buying things and neatly arranging them in a sea of Woodland Scenics ground foam. Now, there's no greater pleasure to me than to hear an old beater cough back to life after 30 years in a box on my little test loop.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No shame in that, I determined long ago not to spend too much on this hobby. I used to spend quite a bit when I was single but realized all I was doing was buying things and neatly arranging them in a sea of Woodland Scenics ground foam. Now, there's no greater pleasure to me than to hear an old beater cough back to life after 30 years in a box on my little test loop.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one like this. I have a 4x8 sheet with a 4x4 side area to form an L. Built the whole thing with scrap from other projects around the house, have < $20 into it. Used foam insulation boards and a can of spray foam to make hills. Painting everything with tempera paints (my son gets to use the left overs). Lots of fun.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Ebay? I should buy stock and become part owner. Many of my old pieces came via the "sniper" here. In fact I just bought items this week that I have been trying to find "deals" for a few years now.

I purchased five new engines just this week, (3)NIB and (2) used. And (26)unlettered passenger cars. All for a pittance of what I would pay in the stores.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts