Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the postal service to complain again about my packages { Lost count how many times this year over 25 }- -Today - I felt sorry for the guys and gals - their EQ is in bad shape and the photos of home depot buckets collecting water from the ceiling tells most of the story - Yes it has been over a year and Washington DC won't pay to have a new roof put on the building - I feel it is train related for the reason we all ship our wonderful Antiques through the mail - this is just half the issues

The ceiling has been like this over a year - I go to the postal service every few days for my business - It is a crying shame our country is falling a part

I have had to have DHL - Fed Ex and UPS start handling my Antique railroad clocks - watches and Antique trains - they are family items that I restore

So next time you complain about your boxes - just ask the postal workers what is going on - you can not miss the fact the ceiling has been leaking well over a year

I told the guys at the Postal office I would take this to Social Media - I think it is time we stick up for them - I can see now - why they are unhappy and things happen - most of it they can not control - so those of you who are political active - lend a hand on this pass the photos around - the machines are getting old - which is part of the issue of our packages getting torn up. { I do know some people on peebay can not pack } Point things are getting worst in this country - not better

Lastly think about the mold - mold spores getting on our packages - Health risk ? Yep

Flooring Gas Household cleaning supply Engineering Machine
Interior design Building Gas Ceiling Flooring

Cloud Plant Sky Building Facade

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess it really comes down to you and me Americans
Agreed - year after year I hear America looks like a third world country and nothing changes { holding my personal thoughts back } Some new "----" gets in office - Billions spent and wasted trying to change other cultures / rebuilding other countries around the world - I see it this way - our country is turning into " ---- " If you were in another country looking in - would you want what we have ? - I don't see anything to be proud of any more " There is no more made in America - Symbol's that use to be on all our old products - when people had pride in our flag - , yah, its better then nothing - yes - we get upset at condition of our packages - I see it is not the postal workers fault now / and bad Amazon style packing / - it is outdated low tech EQ ------ Now I see it as it is - would you want to show up to work with wet ceilings and mold growing { Black Mold Can cause problems / health issues / long term } I see it now as low morale - show up to work get paid and go home - no offence to anyone but section 8 housing here in Florida is well maintained / Government Program / You would not know it is section 8 ,------- now the people who work for a living and put up with our complaints having to work in those conditions is uncalled for - plain and simple, many of them served in the Military

I do think the guy in charge at postal office needs to go / it is not the supreme court and not something our founding fathers would have stood for / after all - a little history about our first post marks / Might that have been a guy called Ben Franklin ? You will have to google it.

I have to get up early - so that is my 2 cents for tonight 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That鈥檚 because profit is king
Agree 100% - It is early and I was up late working on a project a Sunset Model Brass train - I was going to turn in early and had a " Howard Hughes moment" { The Billionaire who would get up in the middle of the night and work, one of my fav guys } anyways - Making the post under general discussion this morning about Quality and China Made - moving back to what you said : the pandemic should have taught us all - that if China had gone down from this Virus or worst a different Virus which could happen { The Small Pox - Monkey Virus just example of on going issues } { Complete failure of supply chain } - we have no tooling left { other then what some of us have in our shops } this country has no real way to make - supply or care for the mass's - this postal office issue should be a final wake up call to all of us - Sometimes Canada and the United States don't see eye to eye, if we don't start taking care of things, set aside political and cultural differences , none of us are going to make it, You stand correct on your statements - Well said and to the point - We both have strong opinion's on things coming from different worlds { different view points } - but seem to agree on common matters that effect all of us - One thing we have in common is : We all have kids and grandkids - it is not looking good for them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.