Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
That is nice. Ive seen another operating bicyce somewhere else. These look a bit more natural. I don't think I will go there but eventually do do want to make something similar in a way: a rowboat with a person rowing it for my lake. It too would use magnets under the surface like these bicycles.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is nice. Ive seen another operating bicyce somewhere else. These look a bit more natural. I don't think I will go there but eventually do do want to make something similar in a way: a rowboat with a person rowing it for my lake. It too would use magnets under the surface like these bicycles.
Maybe the bikes would track on your smaller inner loop; bicyclists riding around the lake. Or a dozen on the outer loop -"Tour de Leence." :)

BTW: I've small round Neo magnets with a hole in the middle. A boats tracking magnets, recessed under the keel would roll instead of slide.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those look to be wire guided like the cars, pretty cool effect!
Actually, they won't work on the wire guide system The bikes do not have motive power. Underneath the roadway is a moving chain system with spaced magnets. The bikes are dragged along. Much like a real trolley car that grasps an underground moving cable and announces you're having "Rice-o-Roni" with dinner :)

That explains how the bikes stay perfectly spaced and the operator can control speed from a nearby transformer powering the under-roadway drive system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts