Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Big problem here I’m new to model railroading and trying to get a good understanding of dcc which I think I’m coming along pretty good with that said I decided to go wireless here’s what I have
Dcs52 ur92’s 2 of them 1-ut4 1-ut4d
I programmed the UT4D and perfect was awesome walking around with the throttle.
now the nightmare I tried programming the
Ut4 set my address plugged it in green light took it out and no slow green light and no control of my other loco. At one point I tried it again Same thing but to my surprise when I turned the throttle knob my loco took off full speed I had no control had to chase it down. I tried to contact Digitrax but have a better shot calling the president very disappointed in this company. There customer service sucks ***. If anyone can help it b greatly appreciated.
Veetz

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I don't have these products but I'm m trying to sort it out.

First there's a base station ...the Zephyr Express which is also a throttle?

Then two of these... "The UR92 is a combo Duplex Radio Transceiver and Infrared Receiver Panel. Using a UR92 means there is no need to plug in to select your loco when you are using a Digitrax Duplex equipped "D" throttle"

So does that mean you have digitrax duplux 'd' throttle?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ut4d is duplex the ut4 is not.
but according to there troubleshooting all there throttles r supposed to work with the UR92 wireless panel

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Well it does say something about that above, I got it off their website... Maybe you can borrow another ut4d and try it?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I run DCC++ with jmri from a PC. It's primitive in many ways but cheap. It meets my simple needs right now. But I have wondered about commercial offerings and folks' experiences with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts