Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i ran so wire for my train but i need help in finding how to connect the lights to my wire i dont want dont want andthing blucky cuz its gonna show under my shelf so what is a good way of connecting of that tinny wire?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay i need to run wire for these anyone have any good ideas on how to connect them to the wire and what wire do i use? i have a shelf lay out and want to put these all the way around my layout aout 40 ft around. can you please help

Attachments

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Use the Accessory terminal of you transformer or a 12 volt power supply. Run two wires to each light. The way I wired mine was to use multiple terminal strips, one located in each of the three major sections of the layout. I ran a main positive and negative to each terminal strip. One side of each terminal is hot and the other is ground. I then ran a pair of wires (one + on -) to each light. The wire used to the terminals was 18 gauge. From the terminal to the lights the smallest speaker wire I could find was used. If you are attempting to hide all of the wiring you may want to plan a conduit that is hidden by the scenery.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ran the wire already what did you use to conect the light it self to the wire you ran? like ie soldering gun or wire connectors? i took cat 5e wire (internet cord you use to get the internet found at home deopt for 29 cents a foot )i think is 20 gauge and cut out 50 feet of wire. so i just dont no what you use to connect it like connectors or soder it whats best i have attached pictures of the wire

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts