Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new, out of the box, Bachmann HO Steam Locomotive. It is a replica of a Norfolk & Western Class J. I read all the instructions and followed the procedure for oiling. I put it on the track and the engine wobbles from right to left. It doesn't runs strainght and true. Any ideas or suggestions?
:(

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Sounds like it may have a bent axle? Maybe you should check those out, I do not know what else would make it wobble :dunno:

EDIT: Oh yea, I am not sure what kind of track your set came with, but make sure all of the joints are snapped together tight, although what you seem to be talking about is a constant wobble...

·
Yard Master & Research
10,635 Posts
Rattle and Roll

Lionel made an engine that wobbled the 2036 2-6-4. The center drive wheel was lightly larger and at times lifted the front off the track. Check for levelness with a ruler, and see if your drive wormgear is clear :confused: If it has one. If all else is fine, check the track, in HO I had a bump when I misaligned the track to the connector. Good Luck!;)

PS make sure the drive rods don't stick, If you dare to take them off try running the engine without them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
if none of those work, take it back to the place you bought it and talk to them about it, the people at the shop I go to are happy to talk about and help fix problems.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts