Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished up the crane and ramp for the Freight House team track. Have more backdrop to develop in this area, and final scenicing.

Overall freight house photo.jpg

Team Track area resized.jpg

This was the final photo I took during last weekend's operating weekend. Extra GN277A West ties down at DeBraal yard.

Extra GN277A West at DeBrall Yard AD tracks.jpg

Regards,
GNNPNUT

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Progress Update

One of the realities of aging is the retention tank capacity shrinks, and you don't need as much sleep. So, instead of lying in bed fighting insomnia, I embrace it. Got up at 4:00 AM, lightly weathered and installed the crane and ramp, and shot an in-process photo. Glued down the ground cover and cinders on the track yesterday, and the glue still needs to dry. Takes about 36 hours to loose the white sheen.

Freight house update 27-Feb-2019.JPG

Regards,
GNNPNUT

W

·
0 Posts
I really like that building....nice work. Show me more please.

Regards,

Gary.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Final photos

Hi folks:

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

The first photo shows my daughter (Twin A) painting the backdrop even before I laid the 2" foam on top of the steel studs. The foam went down shortly after this photo. Hard to believe the date on the photo, 1-4-2014, when the twins were home on Winter break from university.

Kirsten painting backdrop by freight house 1-4-14.jpg

For doing the scenery, I basically work off of a step ladder. Since the building sits against the square corner, there wasn't a lot of close work to do other than lay track. I have very few spots on my layout that are not within a 30" reach of the aisle. I own a topside creeper for those areas that are not.

Here are two photos showing how the scene ended up. I'm pretty happy with it, and will only add a few more details from here on (another closed top trailer, a couple of people etc. )

Freight house mostly complete A 1-Mar-2019.jpg

Freight house mostly complete B 1-Mar-2019.jpg

Regards,
GNNPNUT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts