Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
16,666 Posts
How about those "crazy" T-scale guys ... 1:480 or something like that! I guess some people need a model train for their model train!

·
Registered
512 Posts
How about those "crazy" T-scale guys ... 1:480 or something like that! I guess some people need a model train for their model train!
I'm also part of a motorcycle forum, and someone on that forum said they were going to get into model railroading just because T-Scale came out and she could keep the whole train in a brief case in her office and only take it out during lunch.

Point of the story, you never know when some new crazy idea just might bring new people into the hobby.

·
16,666 Posts
Oh I'm all for people getting into T-scale and the like. Much too small for my eyes, but if others delve into their briefcase setups, then that's fantastic for the hobby.

As a side note, I think I read here on the forum in the past day or two that the T-scale locos run off of cell phone vibrator type motors.

Maybe I should glue a smokestack and a cowcatcher onto my cell phone and let it bounce its way around my desktop?!?

TJ

·
Registered
356 Posts
My On30 trains came today... They are so delicate and small compared to my standard gauge O items! I cannot see how you people model HO scale or smaller; I am pretty sure that I would break an HO model just by picking it up, LOL :)
funny thing is, I think the opposite as you... while I have to be gentle not to break it, for your scale to look good, the detail has to be impeccable. I am in the process of making a custom painted switcher and am thankful that I am doing it in HO scale... as the amount of detail can be a little less than the O scale and still be pleasing to the eye.

congrats on getting the On30 trains and can't wait to see the pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts