Model Train Forum banner

WSJ - Trains Going Mainline

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Wooky_Choo_Bacca 
#1 ·
#3 ·
????? Don't get it?? Is there a problem with the link?
OK, I see that it may require a WSJ subscription. It did not require that for me on my phone.
It's quite an extensive article about model railroad layouts in expensive homes!

#5 ·
why does this sound familiar... When I married my wife, she came with a house and a storage barn, outside of Nashville. We have been living just north of NYC for 3 years, until I could retire and the lease on my apartment ran its course. Well, we are moving, and I get to clean out the barn, and fix it up, for train use of course.

#8 ·
The thing that piqued my re-interest in model trains was watching on youtube video after video of people who built massive layouts inside and outside of their homes. Garden layouts that took up most of their backyards, some even had ponds with train trestles across the water. Some even had half outside with a sizeable layout inside, basements full of train tracks and it goes on and on. Mine won't ever be warehouse sized but it's nice to see others who can and did

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.