Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening.
I'm looking to buy a new or used HO Scale CSX locomotive. I'd prefer the following, but please let me know what you have, because it may work.

1. Good overall exterior condition (nothing broken/scraped off)
  2. Does not have to run; using for a static shelf layout
  3. YN3 Paint Scheme; may go YN2 if its a good enough deal
  4. AC4400? C44-9W? Something in that class/style
  5. Not looking for a specific road number

I don't have as much cash to spend as I'd like, especially since it's not going to be an operational piece. I'm currently in an apartment and unable to do a full layout, so I'm planning on doing a small shelf scene. Let me know what you have, and what you're looking to good. I can pay shipping, or if in Northern Virginia/DC area, I can pick it up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually got that one in my "Watch" section now. I'm going to see how it goes. Still prefer the YN3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Csx

I have a CSX Dummy Loco (no engine) that would fit the bill. It's not the blue and gold, however. It's the gray and blue colors that CSX uses. Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
FYI...They do also make CSX switcher engines (EMD SW1500) that would be a GREAT engine for a functioning small shelf layout.

You'd be amazed at what you can do with a 12-15" deep x 8' long shelf. Have a stub track abut the end and you can have staging "cassettes" that you plug in when you want to run the railroad and put away when not in use.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have 2 sd-35's in the csx-b color, grey and blue with yellow front and rear handrails. Both have dual mode decoders dc/dcc. Not sure if that might work for you or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the replies. I definitely have the certain locomotive in mind that I am looking for. Unfortunately, the above offers aren't it. I do appreciate the replies though!

I do like the switcher engine, and agree it would be a great loco for the layout, but at this time I'm on a budget restraint. So I am focusing more on the locomotive I really am interested in, instead of others that I "like".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, not the color scheme or locomotive style I'm looking for. Thank you for the post, though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump; still looking for an inexpensive YN3 scheme AC4400 or C44-9W (or the like).

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Can you post a picture of what, exactly you are looking for?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally found something I can work with. Just picked up a Bachmann Dash 8-40CW CSX YN2 on eBay for $40.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts