Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
There's a Rivarossi on there now. I never knew Athearn made a Big Boy...........

And "retardedly expensive"? Expect to pay over $200 for one. Seems like you might want to get one on the Cheap. I doubt that happens.

Here's a link to the Rivarossi on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270450746785&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I'll let you now that I'm watching it and if I can get it for around $200, it's mine. I need a third for double heading and one for the engine house/turntable area. That totals three..... And it looks to be a Red Box, the higher quality model.

Bob

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The Red Box Rivarossi's ARE easy to convert to DCC and sound. My sound is mounted in the tenders of the two I already have. I doubt that I will go to $200 as there are a couple of other items I'm looking at too. But, if I would happen to lose them, I'll be a bear on the Big Boy.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see it go for $150-$200 though. Those are great engines.

Bob

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
Hmmmmmm...... i guess that ill have to look into them some more. But what I really want is an Athearn one but those are $430+.
You want to play with the BIG BOYS, You got to pay the BIG BUCKS.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts