Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm running firefox with adblock. There are no ads at all anywhere, not even those pesky pop ups. I stopped visiting on the cell because of the nuisance of the pop ups.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've had numerous times when visiting this forum today that I automatically get redirected to a full page telling me to update my Java program. Come back to the forum again and I get redirected to a full page telling me to update my flash player.

This is the first time today that I've actually been able to stay on the forum long enough to post something without getting knocked off. It's got to have something to do with those ads that are playing at the top of the page. Seems like if it's a static ad, I'm ok - but if it's an animated ad, I get redirected to update whatever format it's using to run.

And I ain't gonna update ANYTHING from a redirected pop-up !

Mark.

·
Paper Shuffler Extraordinaire
1,611 Posts
I've had a similar one telling me Firefox needs updated the last couple days. Annoying.

Carl

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,618 Posts
I've had a similar one telling me Firefox needs updated the last couple days. Annoying.

Carl
Maybe your Firefox does need updating?
Go to the Firefox site and check.

I see not one advertisement here, with the ad blocker running.
I never use a phone, my old phone won't do that anyway.
My phone is for calling or receiving phone calls.:p

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've been getting several popups that defy the popup protector. I guess they have found a way to bypass it. I have been all through my system and can't find the source, even in my boot files.

The first is a large box inviting me to enter a contest for whatever web page I am looking at at the moment and when you win (of course) they solicit you for shipping and handling.

The second is a small box in the lower right corner that plays a video advertisement.

And the third picks up key words around the page and displays them in red and underlined with a double underline. They are a link to another web page.

All I can figure is they somehow got into my registry even though I have a policy of never downloading anything ever.

K

·
Paper Shuffler Extraordinaire
1,611 Posts
Been there done that. Malwarebytes, Sophos, problem still there and ONLY this site and not every time. I even ran Combofix from bleepingcomputer.com, which has fixed many issues still getting the redirect. I should mention too, I only get it on Firefox, not Chrome and I don't use IE at all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I get the ads on my HP tablet, but not when I use the laptop. Usually every page gets a pop up ad, although I didn't get one when I clicked on this thread. I use Avast antivirus on both, it hasn't indicated a problem with the pop ups. I use Chrome on the tablet, Firefox on the laptop.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.