2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sooner the better:D
Yep, too bad mail does not travel on Sundays :eek:

So it should be here Monday or Tuesday... Then the Lionel tank car should be here any day, but it was shipped parcel post so it is probably somewhere in California right about now, hehehe :laugh:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, I think I am done for shopping on eBay :(

Here is the item discription... He failed to note the three "cracks/breaks" in the tender shell, actually he said there were none... Also, both pieces have been restored! :eek:

2026 Steam Locomotive with its matching 6466WX whistle tender. Both pieces are in excellent condition with no cracks or breaks. The engine has both marker lights and steps on the cow catcher. Very clean and a great runner. Steel rimmed drivers, and no rust on the underneath of the engine. The tender has no cracks or breaks to the shell and 6466WX is rubber stamped on the bottom. Newly wired and track tested, loud clear whistle. Shipping will be according to zip code using the shipping calculator.
Give me a break... I am basically stuck with them since it is not worth it to ship it back... Should I confront him and let him know how I feel?

I mean, I picked all of this up as soon as I took it out of his packing... Look, you can see the old "Lionel Lines" imprint under the new coat of black paint...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
*UPDATED*

Yea, I am working on what to say to him, I have this so far...

I have a couple questions... I hope this does not come across like I am upset, but rather slightly let down... Did you know that these pieces were repainted? There is no hint of that in your listing... You can easily see where the original "Lionel Lines" logo was under the new paint on the tender... Also, you said that the "tender has no cracks or breaks to the shell"... I have found three in the little bit I have looked over the piece: one to the rim on the back of the coal pile (looks to have been re-glued), one on the left bottom rear corner, and then one screw hole is broken off... To me, originality is important, and when I see "excellent" in an auction I think of it being in excellent original condition, not restored... Unless you are willing to refund the full $100 and cover the shipping back to you (which I am not expecting you to do), I am not asking for a return here... Instead I am asking that in future auctions you let people know when an item has been repainted or restored...

Thank you very much, Theodore
Anything else I should add?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Dang, that sucks. I get the screwed every now and then like that.. I just chalk it up to experience and move on.

The worst was the LGB coach that seemed to have rodents living in it at some point...

I have also been outright scammed by someone for more that $700 through eBay, along with a bunch of other innocent Marklin collectors. I got $200 back from Paypal.. :(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts