Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unsure whether this was previously reported here but dealer Charles Ro will not be at the York TCA meet next week.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Had not heard that. Charles Ro mans one of the largest booths at York, they move a lot of product. I guess the numbers are not there for one of the largest O Gauge dealers to attend York this fall.

Bill

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Had not heard that. Charles Ro mans one of the largest booths at York, they move a lot of product. I guess the numbers are not there for one of the largest O Gauge dealers to attend York this fall.

Bill
Yep, the cost of staff, travel, accommodations, food, etc. is enormous. Internet E-tail has overtaken the needs for the biggest trade shows. Hopefully local dealers & shows can thrive in the grassroots arena.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow! Thought the Fall Meet would be packed with vendors ahead of the Christmas Season. I won't be able to make it this year so never mind to me.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Just happened to swing by a local hobby shop today and they were loading up some utility vans for tca york they told me.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
It was reported elsewhere that they are not attending because several of their help is sick and Charlie himself is suffering from an arm injury. I believe they’ll be back in April.

Not because of the costs or logistics. Just unfortunate timing.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Don't think I ever bought a train from them at York but usually walked away with accessory items. He seemed to have the best deals on those at York.

Pete

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
There is a poster sign at the Ro booth location saying they’ll be back in April.
That's good news! I always buy something from Charlie and shoot the breeze with him a while. His only fault is being a Patriots fan... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
77 Posts
A few random thoughts on this thread:
1) York is amazing and one vendor (even as big as Charles Ro) is not a huge deal.
2) Somewhere a thread was posted that the issue was health issues with some key people. Did I dream that?
3) I missed the poster but great to see they will be there in April.
4) thanks to the wonderful people who work so hard to make York happen.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
It was reported elsewhere that they are not attending because several of their help is sick and Charlie himself is suffering from an arm injury. I believe they’ll be back in April.

Not because of the costs or logistics. Just unfortunate timing.
I was told that his son had broken his arm and he drives the truck. I also heard the old man is sick. I don't know which is true perhaps both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts