1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
I never would. :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do we get our $15/ticket refunded? Don't get me wrong, $15 isn't going to kill me and I wouldn't mind if it turned into a donation to an organization that keeps the history alive, but it would be nice for them to at least give me the option.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was possibly already discussed but I hope the EDTCA has the financial resources available to weather the impact of this and be able to host a robust Fall 2020 meet.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I sent in my registration with no intention to attend. ED can use the funds and they do have funds set aside for such emergencies.

Pete

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well, this has a minor affect on plans. My wife and I start in the Lancaster area, have lunch at Shady Maple, then head to York for the show in the afternoon. We roam around some of the halls, and say hello to old friends. We then head about 20 minutes south to visit my sister and her husband in MD. We were planning on the Baltimore RR Museum on Saturday, but that may not be open either. Heck, Lancaster may even be closed down!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The meeting was scheduled for the end of March. It was moved up to the 18th (tomorrow) before the closing of the Fairgrounds was announced.
They have to deal with about a dozen entities to put this on, not counting the vendors or attendees. Its not like the Fairgrounds provides all the services.
I am sure none of the board members were around for the last pandemic. It seems pretty apparent now no one in the world now knows how to handle this.

Pete

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I just got a message saying York was cancelled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts