Model Train Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
i use yahoo mail ....
the site didn't show my previous user name even though i was previously registrered there, so i added in again, but it didn't show my user name, or email address as being used before ..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I re registered again ...
it still did not show email as used before, or log in name, or display name as used before ....
waiting for validation email [again]

edit? i did an oops !
i entered modeltrainforum when i meant to enter modelrailforum, sorry about that ..
this forum is modeltrainforum, and works just fine ..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, since today I can loggin in under same user name like here but the displayed name is different...well ok since today all is working, maybe the new member profils were under review of any moderator there and were pending?
A little suspect is it that there at the model rail forum you linked here onto main site there were not coming any info from the team staff. Suddenly it worked.

I thank you all who gave lot of help here by this topic.
I am member of both forums now.

Well the european site is more UK topic than at central europe but well interesting too.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
as i said before, modelrailforum is the site i don't get any validation email from ... neither my inbox or junk mail , nothing ...yet now my access is somehow approved , with the same user name, and password that i hd before, which it couldn't seem to find ..

modeltrainforum, on the other hand, works quite well ..

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I didn't have any trouble logging in just now. But yeah, it's a pretty inactive forum unless you're a Hornby guy.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
well, i don't have anything Hornby, but there were a few posts there ...
i can still show as a guest and read the posts anyways, not logged in so have to guess at which are new ones,

i'd hate to be tech support, 480 forums with a wide variety of forum software, and versions ..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, another more UK baswd forum, sure they are having very interesting topics of course but the inactivity is the big problem there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'd hate to be tech support, 480 forums with a wide variety of forum software, and versions ..
Well there will be a cheap possibility...
I could give you an address to host your own iphpbb3 forum for free. The only costs you will have are for maybe the rent of a top level domain. Actually there are some on sale by reduced price for the first year, than their normally price is between 12 € and 15 € per year. The cheapest domains coming from germany ending with .de
The hoster and domain registering is at Austria, not Germany.
The ending .eu stands for europe.

US $ 1.20 are around 1 €

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well, let's have fun with our projects here.

My actually project is reviewing and studying old RR books at the City Library of Lübeck. In their archives they are having hundreds of yards of boards with RR related publications. Specially the old RR Company here fills lot of boards. From 1853 until 1937 it was under own management before it became a little part of the new eastablished State RR DR in 1937.
Very interesting are the Military RR rulebook, the Signalling rules in their changes over the years from 1875 until 1935 and the Railway Construction and Operation rulebook. The station list contains additional Infos.
Other Infos of the RR Engineering Scientists are very interesting, too, specially the part of the six bigger RR Companies of the USA in the 1890's in difference to german constructed RRs Locos, Cars, Tracks, used signalling and Station track plans sorted into different types of stations.
Not all are printed in gothic letters of the past.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts