Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Something Novel is: different, unique, unusual, fresh, uncommon or unfamiliar. We all have one. A favorite Novel. Could be a locomotive, or rolling stock. Might even be an accessory.

Show us your favorite Novel.

My favorite Novel is the business end of the "Train of Tomorrow" from Golden Gate Depot.

Emile

View attachment 486076

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Something unusual, rare, not done before in O-Gauge, that's an easy one for me. When Lionel cataloged their first Vision Line steam engines, there were two not done before. The ATSF 3000 immediately got my attention. It is massive and has the best overall looks (engine and tender combination) done so far in O-Gauge. It is a stunner, plain and simple.

The GMToT is another excellent example, Emile.

View attachment 486088

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something unusual, rare, not done before in O-Gauge, that's an easy one for me. When Lionel cataloged their first Vision Line steam engines, there were two not done before. The ATSF 3000 immediately got my attention. It is massive and has the best overall looks (engine and tender combination) done so far in O-Gauge. It is a stunner, plain and simple.
No doubt about it, the ATSF 3000 became an instant Classic. It's beautiful and looks like no other.

Emile

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easily my most favorite novel train is my Batman Phantom train.
The Phantom train has a lot of possibilities and is on my list for York this Spring.

Lee and Don, very nice custom work!

Emile

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good one, Mr, Toad. Like the tower conversions.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
This is not my favorite but for sure its the most unusual. Built by a friend only two prototypes were built and only one remains today.

Skagit_Buda.jpg

Buda_BR1.jpeg

Buda1.jpg

Pete

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brian, that ATSF 3000 is a real stunner. I really hope that it gets a remake as it is one that is high on our list to acquire. I also agree with you about The GM ToT. Real sweet.

Regards,

Gary.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Gary. I have seen many O-Gauge steamers come and go, but nothing as beautiful as the ATSF 3000. Several years after it's introduction, nothing in my opinion has challenged it for such good looks.

Not sure it will be made again, so you might want to look on the secondary market for it. It would be worth the effort to find one.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is not my favorite but for sure its the most unusual. Built by a friend only two prototypes were built and only one remains today.

Pete
Now THAT'S Novel! It's great that you have photos of the prototype.

Emile

·
Registered
282 Posts
Am I allowed two Novels? This is a photo of a gift from Alyce.

Nine tin beer wagons from ETS - I could do a better photo but my eyes are not up to speed today.

All of the breweries represented date back past the 1700's.

MrToad

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I consider this my 'novel' railroad piece of my layout. It is a Roco Br.111 DCC locomotive painted to celebrate München's 850th Anniversary in 2008.

Europeans paint up their locomotives in all sorts of interesting themes.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Am I allowed two Novels? This is a photo of a gift from Alyce.

Nine tin beer wagons from ETS - I could do a better photo but my eyes are not up to speed today.

All of the breweries represented date back past the 1700's.

MrToad
Great stuff! Perfectly Novel! I've never seen those before.Thanks for sharing them. That's the main idea of this Thread: to share unusual items with fellow Forum Members. Well done.

Emile

1 - 20 of 22 Posts