Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Z scale train, with mining type cars, that could possibly be used in one of my mining areas. Does anything exist that I might be able to work with.. Really do not know anything about Z.

Did see a large Z layout in Redlands, California about a year ago. It was amazing and gigantic. Very impressive set up and one gentleman ran the whole thing that was close to 60 foot long and 10 foot wide. He had ocean liners, docks, mines, anything you could imagine and it worked flawlessly.

I just need a small loco (steam) and mining cars for a specific mine area that I want to make more real. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bob

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Warren. Just wondering if the there is a Z scale loco that would fit my quest to start with. Would be willing to try to make the cars. Looking at getting into the 3D printing stuff

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for your help, will just have to keep looking. Made a deadline on a tower this morning, a week early, so I am planning on working on the layout tomorrow, but if not, I plan to get the garage cleaned up enough to work on the layout for a couple of days

·
Registered
22 Posts
Small old-timey locos are hard to find in z. But they exist. Marklin is your best bet ... 81419 casey jones set, 88035, 88036 and the recent 81846 starter set provide fitting 4-6-0 locos.

Marklin also makes euro steam locos 8800, 8805 and then they have coal drag consists available too in Euro themes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts