Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look to maybe build a coffee table or end table display. Is there somewhere I can get some track plans for Z Scale. Do they sell track set ups on the internet anywhere? Thanks Ron

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Finding track plans for Z scale may be somewhat complicated.You could look for N scale coffee table plans as there are likely some,you'd have very nice curves for Z then,quite prototypical looking.

For your tracks,check Walthers,they sell pretty much everything for model trains.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The grids are 4" on the plan. This was designed to fit an existing table, roughly 36" outside. See the other topic for what it looks like. I did make one change to include some of the Rokuhan double crossovers.

I can run two trains continuously and switch the yard with a third.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The grids are 4" on the plan. This was designed to fit an existing table, roughly 36" outside. See the other topic for what it looks like. I did make one change to include some of the Rokuhan double crossovers.

I can run two trains continuously and switch the yard with a third.
Very nice thanks for the info. Ron

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The track for your layout must have cost a lot. Every time I look at your layout it looks better and better. Is there a bunch of layouts to look at on the forum ? My table is only 19.5 by 45.5 inches to work with. What would be the best way to start? Just buy track and add as needed? I have to study yours and how it runs. Thanks Ron

·
Registered
42 Posts
I DL'd Anyrail to plan mine. In my case I already had the table. I just had to come up with a layout to work in the space available. I admit, I got a little carried away and really crammed the track in. How you do yours should reflect how you want to operate. Search around the web for other layouts until you find one that you like. Plan it out in the Anyrail program and start collecting the track you need. AZL has a good forum to help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I DL'd Anyrail to plan mine. In my case I already had the table. I just had to come up with a layout to work in the space available. I admit, I got a little carried away and really crammed the track in. How you do yours should reflect how you want to operate. Search around the web for other layouts until you find one that you like. Plan it out in the Anyrail program and start collecting the track you need. AZL has a good forum to help.
I'll download the program and check layouts out. Thanks Ron

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I did download the program but I don't see where you put in your table or surface space. How did you get the table area to put your track on.

FOUND IT! Thanks Ron

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Made the temporary mountains and they lift right off. I will have 4 trains running on that layout at the same time. Three trains in different directions and a little town trolely making stops. Ron

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm thinking of creating a small Z layout for the first time. What is the smallest radius one can use for the most common locomotives? Can a person buy flex track in Z like I have purchased and happily used for HO? Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts