Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Here's my contribution... I have a beautiful 303 I'm working on, but this is the one I'd like to show, especially for MOPAC. It's the "Blue Lady", featuring Jim Morrison from the Doors.1 of 9999 made. Morrison actually owned a car like this.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Shaker, that 312 and the cars look great. Glad it is performing. LOL, some times it takes 3 times. And nice old diecast.
I don't have ANY original AF passenger cars. Not happy about that. I really just started collecting AF 2 to 3 years ago.

flyernut, sounds like you found your "Blue Lady" Can't see it though. I think I want to
acquire a 303, 307, 308. Never ends does it.
I had another brain fart. I forgot to add the picture!!!! I'm working on a nice 303 right now!!!!.. Good luck on that 308, I only saw 1, years ago, at a train show. Toy vehicle Toy Fictional character Vehicle Model car

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Quote -I have a "thing" for this pair. At last count I believe I have around 10 pairs, and even more 944 singles.

flyernut, I have at least 2 of this pair. I also have a 5 digit crane. I like the pair also. I think many sets came with the pair.

yd328, great looking flat car load. I really like the AF flat cars. Need more. Wanting to get a few of the American Flyer
semi trailers to put on some flats.
I have the 3 variations of the 5 digit crane car, 24534, 24561, and 24569...1 of those is still in the box with the plastic window.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
So true, so true. I put a S-N-S can motor and a Dalee unit in it but I think I would like it original better. It came with the large motor. I am going to get it off of the shelf today and play some more. We will see...:eek:hwell: FlyerNut is the best!
Stop it,lol!! My head is getting so big I can't get it through my t-shirt hole!!!.. I will look at it though, send it out...

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I have a Royal Blue engine and tender as well. I have had this engine for years and it runs fine. However, it has a problem. On the top of the engine on the raised portion there is a quarter sized chip in the casting. I bought it his way because it was cheap. I have ran it on my layout as is from time to time. Now I want to fix the damage. I know how to fix the the chip but don't know where to get the proper paint.
Anybody got any ideas or recommendations? I've checked Menard's for a spray can but nothing looked satisfactory for a color match. The rest of the paint on the engine is pretty nice.
Secor hardware has a almost perfect match for the Royal Blue, in fact I think it's called Royal Blue.. Also Rustoleum has a nice Royal Blue, same name.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Looking like new also. Smokes great. I see it has pulmor wheels on the front. Out of my 20 steamers very few, maybe 2 or 3 have pulmor. I think pulmor wheels are great and they really help to pull more cars. My 282 will spin its drivers with more than 2 or 3 cars.
Bummer.
And those tires are like new.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I sandblast the boiler shell and use a chemical stripper, brake fluid, or easy off oven cleaner on the tender shell. The tender chassis can withstand sandblasting, and I do sandblast it.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
4 cars enjoying a frosty ice cream cone at the Frosty Bar. 2 1970 Nova's, a 1970 442, and a Ford 429 Torino.. The cars came from MTH car carriers, and I have 3 more car carriers with 2 black Nova's on each one.. And of course the real deal, my 69 Nova. Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Scale model Toy vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
flyernut, nice cars and man, you got power. I knew you had 2 of the ZWs. You snuck in a third. ZW is my favorite transformer.
I got the 3rd one at a garage sale. It was still in the original box, and I spent $10 bucks for it,lol!!!!!. Not shown is my 30B, several 8B's, and quite a few more I pick up here and there.They must work perfectly as some day all my grandchildren will be getting most of my trains, and I certainly don't want them hurt.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
That's some nice looking cars flyernut. If only I had kept my 1970 396. Young and dumb was I. With all of that wattage you could probably weld with those if hooked in a series. Mikeh49, nice upgrade to the 303. I like the truck covers, I might get a few of those. It dresses up a plain trailing truck.
About 3 days after that picture was take, a large speaker fell off the wall and took out that quarter panel you see in the picture. Of course I was beside myself, and off to the body shop it went.. In order to blend in the paint to the other body panels my painter had to repair and fix the damage, paint the roof, paint the OTHER quarter-panel, and then the trunk lid!!. It looks even better now than in the picture.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
flyernut you are making me cry. I had '69 Nova SS, 396, 375 hp, 4 speed 4:11 gear. It was the RPO L78 version. Mine was a lighter blue but otherwise just like yours. Bench seats, rubber floor mats, and only power steering. No other options. Sorry I ever sold it. All told I have had 6 version of the ChevyII/Nova cars.
I've had around 6-8 Nova's, since 1972. This one pictured was actually a light blue, with a blue bench seat and interior, probably the same light blue as yours.The wife wanted a darker blue so we painted it "black sapphire metallic", a stock GM color used on early 90's Buicks, Caddy's, and Chevy's..

1 - 20 of 132 Posts