Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1618 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mopac, good idea starting this thread. For my first contribution I am unfortunately breaking a few of the rules you set. I will try to adhere closer with future contributions.
This is a Lackawanna Trainmaster from AM. I purchased it new at an S Fest many years ago in Chicago. It has been modified to add Railsounds and run with the Legacy control system.
The photo was taken today in the freight yard area of my layout.

View attachment 503044
That is really nice. I've been focused on finding S gauge accessories. At some point I am going to start looking at locomotives.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My Uncle Bill's 295 that I repainted, changed tender, added head and tail light, added smokestack, added DC can motor, added TMCC cruise lite and railsounds (including chuff switch on the smoke plunger gear), and added decals in attempt at a rough replica of the famous L&N 152. It's certainly no scale model, but it was my first attempt at many of these types of mods and it was done to a piece of my family's history.
Nice work. I love mods.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
IMG_0559.JPG

My B&O Royal Blue. Cab #350 (I think). I got this from one of our members. flyguy55. In running condition. I like it.
I think a 1948 model. To me this should be a passenger locomotive but It came in freight sets.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
View attachment 503128

My B&O Royal Blue. Cab #350 (I think). I got this from one of our members. flyguy55. In running condition. I like it.
I think a 1948 model. To me this should be a passenger locomotive but It came in freight sets.
I got a Royal Blue engine and set from the same person,lol.. He must be making them,lol....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep. I put in a warm white LED so it doesnt have all that bluish tint.

Looking for some beat up streamliner passenger cars to paint. I have one dome and observation car. All I need is a couple of coaches and a baggage car.

She's a beauty. That's great it is a smoker. Good job. Funny, I had already thought I would show my Royal Blue tomorrow. I will save it.
Did you put a LED in for headlight?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Headlight looks great. I assume you will paint passenger cars blue to go with The Royal Blue. AF made a Royal Blue with blue passenger cars for O scale, prewar. But not for S scale. So you agree there should be blue passenger cars for the Royal Blue S scale.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think Flyer would have sold tons of the Royal Blue S gauge sets had they offered them. I thought of getting an old O gauge set of the passenger cars and putting S gauge trucks on them, but I really like the newer light weight streamliner cars better than the heavy weight style.

If anyone has some beat up streamliner cars they don't want, I'd like to buy them. I'm having a hard time finding cars that are all scratched up but not destroyed to repaint. I've been installing some LED's in passenger cars using the LED modules and using to separate led strips in the car to even out the light.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have heard of people changing trucks on the O scale cars. I think the way you are heading would be best. Good luck.

I have not put any LEDs in my locomotives but it is coming.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
IMG_0446.JPG

A 1/64 scale gas station by GreenLight. They mainly produce 1/64
diecast vehicles. Got this at Toys R Us when they were open.
These were made in both Gulf and Texaco.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
That is a nice gas station. They are hard to find in S scale. Somehow I missed out on buying one.
Here is a picture of the Gulf station on my layout along with some 1/64th cars.

AF27B1DB-9A6C-453C-9DE2-86273A98E183.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
The #215 Water Tank

As far as I can tell it was produced from 1938 > 1940 (when the #596 was introduced). The counter-weight is a replacement and it is missing the collar for the light at the top. The original price was $1.25. This is the best I have come across so far. J.B.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
As far as I can tell it was produced from 1938 > 1940 (when the #596 was introduced). The counter-weight is a replacement and it is missing the collar for the light at the top. The original price was $1.25. This is the best I have come across so far. J.B.
Nice looking piece!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Very nice water tank. Great condition. Paint that weight black.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
IMG_0475.JPG

This the first of 2 1948 302s I have bought from flyernut. Being from flyernut you know it runs well. It is a four piece diecast boiler with metal handrails. flyernut did a complete repaint of this engine. Nice job. He redid cab numbers and lettering on the metal tender. It looks new. I really like these 1948 302s. It has the extra linkage and a high mounted headlight. Hard to see in pic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here's my upstairs office/spare bedroom/display.
That ain't cigar smoke in the air.
Maybe I'll put it on a timer for an alarm clock when the wife kicks me out of the master bedroom.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Cool display. Thanks for showing. Good smoker. my screen is not that clear, what cab number is that.
Maybe 282. Nice engine. 1953 model with white inside smoke stack.

21 - 40 of 1618 Posts